Dynamic space of interaction flow & movement
Statement about volume, cause and effect that exists within that space
- Need to research more in order to have a supportive theory behind out position
- As a possibility explore: oceanography
Feedback: Consider 360 degree space
- Opportunity for animation to move away and come in around you.
- Do test where the america angles place the audience right at the centre of the action
- Dealing with notion of compression and dynamic
Add camera movements to assets —> pan, side movements, zoom in, zoom out
- Possibly have the camera as the driver for the camera
**choose a marker that doesn’t move very much (siphonophore)
- Camera at the centre of the action
- It comes down to how the sense of immersion develops in the space
- Produce a whole range of 10:1 frames
- possibly develop 2D static assets (single frame) – see how the images work in the space, how does it make the audience feel, how does it change within the 360 degree space
- experiment in a way we can shift the dynamics i.e zoom in, zoom out
- work on aesthetics of render (work with Maya / SoftImage)
- 3-4 aesthetic ideas of test sequences static or animated, 2D or 3D.
—> have enough variations, work on one hand generated aesthetic
Matt experimented with MaxMSP to map the MoCap data to sound – meaning that the movements would change parameters such as frequency, or volume.
Chris’ main feedback was that when relying on the data to determine sound, the MoCap Data ends up defining the whole composition. Can Matt’s approach enhance or hinder the final outcome for the user?Additionally, it was very clear that we need to keep sound as a secondary layer, and only focus on it once our group position on our concept and visuals become more refined. Sound should only enhance the visuals, and not become the primary driver of the sequence.
Feedback: Visual Aesthetics
Imagery: Particles expanding and emitting out of his body
Don’t allow Dean’s Data to dictate where our narrative goes, or how our aesthetics are influenced. Add your own take/flair to communicate our own narrative.
All: Research supportive theoretical material
- possibly everyone take same file, play with it in your own way – see what is created
Baz: produce static assets 10:1, consider the physicality of the space (being able to shift the perspective)
—> Go back to research & visual language
—> Pull final presentation together by everyone’s blog, research, experimentations and how one informed the other —> focus on the process.
—> map body’s experience in the space, how do we orientate the viewer
—> build 3D model, sketch **cylinder + print outs
—> send textures to Darryl
Matt: Soft image asset development / aesthetic development
Darryl: 3D Static asset development Maya
**Choreograph the assets —> expansion and release
** Assign what each team member can contribute to move forward.
Possibility of sound: run random oscillation sound in background & see its effect
Research: rudolf raven (dance chores theory)